softimage XSI to quake II?

Started by
1 comment, last by Psionic Artist 18 years, 3 months ago
Hi! I'm trying to find a way for exporting my ANIMATED models from softimage XSI to the MD2 format! I tryed to export to dotXSI, then import into milkshape3D but milkshape3D doesn't import the animations! Can anyone help me with that? please! i spent a lot of time on writing an MD2 importer for my game and now i don't manage it to export my models properly to use it :( Every Hint is appreciated! thanks!
Advertisement
Quake 2 MD2 DOES NOT SUPPORT BONES.

In case you use bones or any kind of additional animation system you can forget about it. The only way is to export your model frame by frame. Maybe with a script and then attach them together into one single MD2 file.

MD2 is very obsolete, maybe you would take a a look at milkshape native ms3d format - the sources are on their page - Milkshape SDK or perhaps Half-Life .SMD it is also very easy to understand and to parse - because it is a plain text file.

BTW. - YOU MIGHT NOT USE MD2 IN A COMMERCIAL PROJECT. It is ID's property!
The other method is to export to direct X from XSI and open in Unwrap3D (if you have it) and save as a milkshape file,export to md2 from there or export to md2 from Unwrap3D!!

http://www.unwrap3d.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement