• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

every re-compile, project is out of date!!! Even though it's not.....

This topic is 4474 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi guys, My soloution consists of two projects. Now whenver I try to run my app, evertime VS.NET 2003 says that the projects are out of date ( even when nothing has changed ), and trys to recompile. At this point it skips everything ( as nothing has changed ). Why does it keep reporting that my projects are out of date?? I normally hit F7 to compile before hitting F5, and even in this case, upon hitting F5, Studio.Net still reports them as out of date. I've never had this problem before...and wondered whu it's happening now. any ideaS?

Advertisement
I've tried clean multiple times. nothing should be read-only. I am using perforce for source control, thats the only thing I can think of that would make anything read-only, but I've checked everything out to be sure, and it still does it.

Another weird thing is that when I do run the program, it seems to be one compile out. i.e the change that I had just made wont have happened, until the next time I compile and run it.

hope this makes sense :-)

Without actually having the control over your code, I can't say much yet (but that doesn't mean you should give me your project :) ):
  • If this happens to other projects as well, reinstalling VS or Windows may fix this problem.
  • If it does not, the simplest solution is to create a new solution from the old source files, this shouldn't take much time.

Guest Anonymous Poster
    If you are doing some kind of tests where you set your clock forward a few weeks or so, the time stamp of your files will become modified if you edit them while your clock is in the future. When you come back from the future, the source file timestamps will be far away in the future, and your build system will think they're out of date until you pass the future date.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement