• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
work4you

Unity Chicago Game Developers

This topic is 4564 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm looking to talk to the community of game programmers/developers in Chicago. I am working on a very exciting project and need some expertise! Let me know who you are.

Advertisement
Sounds like you really want to post in the Help Wanted forum. Also, you will need to format your post according to a template there (read the FAQ); for that you'll probably want to provide MUCH more information. There's a plethora of projects going on -- what makes yours so much better than some other project? Nobody can tell if you don't provide some initial information, and so few people will get in touch with you.

Hi Corman - thanks for your reply. It's not easy for me to describe programming details of our project, but I will do my best. I have a team of 2.5 programmers working on a 2-D game, but none of them are "game programmers." I'm not even sure what that means to be a game programmer. We started out designing this game using Torque 2D and AnyLogic - we never implemented the AnyLogic programming and eventually abandoned Torque, as well, replacing it with a pure web-based "game" using AJAX. I am just looking for some expertise out there that may be able to help us see if the programming architechture that we have is on the right track to making a real and efficient game that has some intelligence. In the absence of a game engine, I don't understand what it means to be a game. That's my struggle and, unfortunately, this is all a bit of a black box to me. I guess jpetrie is right and this thread should be moved to help wanted. Thanks.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!