• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Halsafar

VS2005 Emacs Keybinding indentation problem

This topic is 4508 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I set the keybinding under Tools --> Options --> Environment --> Keyboard to include Emacs style. Now the indentation's are definetly incorrect, here is an example of how it thinks it should look:
int main()
    {  
    int i = 0;   //This line is definetly indented wrong
    }

That is definetly not right. Any advice? Thanks, Halsafar

Advertisement
If you have 'indent braces' turned on, it is correct, because that style means 'indent the braces the same as the body'. Turning the option off will make only the stuff between the braces be indented.

As far as I'm aware, there is not an option to indent the braces and indent the stuff between them more.

(sigh) I really like the Emacs style of indenting tho:

This (Emacs):

int main()
{
int i = 0; //This line is definetly indented wrong
}

Vs:

int main()
{
int i = 0; //This line is definetly indented wrong
}

You are correct tho, if I turned off auto-indenting of braces then it works like the latter. Still not as nice as Emacs tho...

Thanks,
Halsafar

You could try asking somebody on the MSDN Forums. That community is more likely to know about some hidden/obscure feature that gives you what you want.

Re-reading your original post, though, it seems like you want the braces indented and everything between the braces at the same level as the braces? I can't speak for VS2005, but I'm almost certain that 2002 does exactly that when you tell it to indent braces. I could be wrong, though.

This is the indenting structure I am used to:

int main()
{
int i = 0;
if (i)
{
int j = 0;
}
}

I took your advice and posted on a microsoft forum for VC8.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!