• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Thunder_Hawk

Differential Equation

This topic is 4712 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

WARNING HOMEWORK PROBLEM: I have stumbled across a very strange integration problem. I'm trying to find all of the solutions to the equation y"+9y=sin(3x) That's all fine, well, and good, except part of the problem requires me to integrate the equation u1'(x) = -i/6*e^(-3ix)sin(3x) and another of the same basic form I'm positive that the integral of e^(ax)sin(bx) = e^(ax)/(a^2+b^2)*(a*sin(bx)-b*cos(bx)), but in this case a^2+b^2 = 0, leaving the integral undefined...any ideas??

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
This not a math forum...

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I used maple to find an answer. I'm just trying to figure out how to arrive at an answer. It seems that I need to take a closer look at the specific integration that creates this problem, however, the only method I see to solve it is using integration by parts to obtain an algebraic equation that I can solve for the integral, which is what led me to the a^2 + b^2 denominator in the first place.

This topic is 4712 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.