Terrain editor

Started by
3 comments, last by DogCity 18 years, 2 months ago
Were can I get a good free terrain editor that lets you make hightmaps and textures? Thanks!
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the internet, we know this is not true." -- Professor Robert Silensky
Advertisement
the textures are up to you. but i believe terragen lets you export your terrains as heightmaps. and its free.
-------------------------Only a fool claims himself an expert
I think Terragen is only free for non-commercial use. Should you decide to register, other options become accessible (that aren't available in the free version).

From what I've seen, though, Terragen is a fairly powerful application.

Regards,
AB HarrisEngineer, RG Studios
How do I use a texture as a surface in Terregan?
Thanks.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the internet, we know this is not true." -- Professor Robert Silensky
You'll probably have plenty of questions if you're starting out with terragen. I suggest opening an account on some terragen specific forums (try the official site).
------ ----- ---- --- -- -Export-Games.com is searching for talented and friendly developers. Visit our Help Wanted post for more info!My Indie development uber Journal - A game production walk through.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement