• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
alway616

begining graphics programming with C++

This topic is 4593 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
probably 2d to start out, i already have a good amount of knowledge about non graphics programming from a book i recently finished

i want to make games with C++, right now i can only make a few simple games such as tic tac toe and blackjack (non graphics) C++ is the only language I know ne of, its the one im starting out with, unlike most sites recommend... then again im a really big geek

maybe mosey on down to SDL, though I'd suggest using that for a bit and then trying to use SDL+OpenGL together. Opengl is nice in that it supports 2d with a lot of nice features built in such as blending, rotations, and layering.

Quote:
Original post by alway616
is it possible to incorperate graphics into my games with my exiisting compiler(dev-bloodshed C++)?

yes. i second the suggestion of using SDL. its really easy to use.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!