• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Drawing semi-transparent rectangle

This topic is 4475 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I am trying to draw a semi-transparent rectangle to use as a backing for a ingame popup menu but i cant find a function to do this. Maybe something like DrawText? Its for d3d9, Any advice would be appreciated. Thankyou.

Advertisement
Well, actually its quite easy. Since your menu will be a 2d rectangle (i guess) u just have do define 4 vertices with pretransformed positions (XYZRHW). moreover u need some alphavalues. u can store them in your vertices diffuse color, a material or the vertices specular color. i would recommend u to store it in the vertices diffuse color (XYZRHW | DIFFUSE).

before u actually render your rectangle u have to active alphablending. i dont know the exact syntax but it should be something like this:
device->SetRenderState(ALPHABLENDENABLE, TRUE);

next u have do define the "alpha function". this should be something like this (look in your SDK Doku for the exact syntax):
device->SetRenderState(ALPHASRC, SRCALPHA);
device->SetRenderState(ALPHABLEND, INVSRCALPHA);

to tell d3d that it should use the alpha information stored in your vertices u can use the materialsource rendersate (something like device->SetRenderState(DIFFUSEMATERIALSOURCE, COLOR1)

now u just have to render your rectangle:)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement