• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Music in game problem

This topic is 4504 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am working on a game that includes music. The game works fine until I include the music. The game appears and disappers. I am using c. Someone help me.

Advertisement
What music api are you using? It seems like something isn't being initialized or something is being overwritten, or some other general glitch. Because we aren't tenth level mind readers, more source code will help get your problem solved faster.

Quote:
Original post by ender7771
Because we aren't tenth level mind readers, more source code will help get your problem solved faster.

Yeah, I'm only a 9th level, I only get emotional impressions and specific threats towards me.

But, back on topic, there should be a game loop, basically the main loop that everything eventually comes back to. Eg:

while( game running )
{
processUserInput();
updateGameAI();
drawGraphics();
}

So, take the music out and then step through with a debugger and get the general sense of the execution path, and then put the music back in and do the same.

Might not help immediately, but it can help with some of the more glaring errors.

Also, describe how the game appears and disappears. Once every second? Flickering? What are you using to play the music? How are you playing the music?

This is all information that we like to have before we start to help someone. It makes our "jobs" easier as we can help you better and it makes your job easier as.... well, we can help you better.

Wait! I have to go! Telepathic sense tingling!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!