• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

2D Animation question

This topic is 4504 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I have a question about 2D sprites in a game. The game series in particular is Fire Pro Wrestling. In this series, there are dozens of animations for the wrestlers running, walking, performing moves, etc. Custom wrestlers can be created and given an appearance and a moveset. My question is, how is an animation handled for a wrestler a player creates? For example, every wrestler can punch. However, the programmers have no idea what a custom player wrestler will look like, but whatever wrestler is created can perform any of the animated moves built into the game. How is the move animation created for each individual wrestler? Is the move animation loaded and then the wrestler's appearance "painted" over it? I apologize for the awkward question. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!