• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Kitasia

Please help with network testing!

This topic is 4680 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Greetings! A friend and I are having a few issues running a program. Download Here When I try it the results are all zeros. But everyone else gets the right data. Does anyone know what could be wrong? Thanks! Note: The program must be ran from command.

Advertisement
Anybody!? I could really use help with this. How could I not connect to someone even off my router and with the firewall off?

When you say 'a program', what exactly is the program? What is it supposed to do? Is it small enough that you could perhaps post an excerpt of the code that might be malfunctioning?

Do you expect people to download exe-files and run them on their computer without really knowing what the program does?
For all we know it could be a virus.
You should post code instead.

The code literally goes out and fetches a struct from a server and prints out the results. That's it. It operates on TCP/5000 and has no encryption and goes to an IP address on a residential network operated by Comcast. It's that exciting.

Considering this is a gaming development forum, I think it's safe to say that a lot of people are downloading executable code based on links from this forum. Also, it should be important to note that Anti has released demos and nobody has came back crying about spyware, a virus, or anything.

Think about what your asking. You say that everyone else except you can run the program successfully. Since we are not using your machine, and the code has proven to run successfully on other machines, how can we help with the problem without seeing the code? I didn't mean to imply that you would do anything malicious and I apologize if it was taken that way.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!