Please help with network testing!

Started by
6 comments, last by nullsquared 18 years, 3 months ago
Greetings! A friend and I are having a few issues running a program. Download Here When I try it the results are all zeros. But everyone else gets the right data. Does anyone know what could be wrong? Thanks! Note: The program must be ran from command.
Advertisement
Anybody!? I could really use help with this. How could I not connect to someone even off my router and with the firewall off?
When you say 'a program', what exactly is the program? What is it supposed to do? Is it small enough that you could perhaps post an excerpt of the code that might be malfunctioning?
Do you expect people to download exe-files and run them on their computer without really knowing what the program does?
For all we know it could be a virus.
You should post code instead.
The code literally goes out and fetches a struct from a server and prints out the results. That's it. It operates on TCP/5000 and has no encryption and goes to an IP address on a residential network operated by Comcast. It's that exciting.

Considering this is a gaming development forum, I think it's safe to say that a lot of people are downloading executable code based on links from this forum. Also, it should be important to note that Anti has released demos and nobody has came back crying about spyware, a virus, or anything.
屋根を固定するために何パンケーキそれは取るか。紫色、ヘビに足がないばい。
Think about what your asking. You say that everyone else except you can run the program successfully. Since we are not using your machine, and the code has proven to run successfully on other machines, how can we help with the problem without seeing the code? I didn't mean to imply that you would do anything malicious and I apologize if it was taken that way.
The problem has been solved! My computer seems not to work with the port 5000!
I get 0, 0, 0.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement