• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Serious problem :(

This topic is 6250 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

Ok I have this little demo Im writing everything works perfectly and looks realy great on my computer (AMD K62 400 with Asus Geforce2) I am using Borland C++ 5.02 to compile my program, then I bring the project to school to show ma friends and still looks very good and runs nicely. But when I try to run on other computers in my school it dosnt work at all, I dont get any error msgs and I see the first frame of the demo and it stops to respond to the keyboard and mouse. If I wait 65 seconds I get to see the next frame of the demo (hum low framerate on an PIII 500). Since that I have tryed this on many computer and it seams at it is about 25% chance to get it to run and 74% chence for the fenomen I described above and about 1% chance for a total chrash. Hum does anyone have any idea whatmight be wrong I realy need help with thisone (wouldnt be to fun if it didnt work on da demoparty). Ok, so here is the files I include : #include #include #include #include #include #include #pragma comment (lib, "glaux.lib") and to initziate my demoI use about the same code as in the Nehe tutorials : GLvoid InitGL(GLsizei Width, GLsizei Height) //To be called after GL window is created { Height=Height>0?Height:1; Width=Width>0?Width:1; if (!LoadGLTextures()) { MessageBox(hWnd,"Unable to load textures ","Error",MB_OK); exit(0); } glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D); glClearColor(0.0f,0.0f,0.0f,0.0f); glClearDepth(1.0); glDepthFunc(GL_LESS); glEnable(GL_DEPTH_TEST); glShadeModel(GL_SMOOTH); glMatrixMode(GL_PROJECTION); glLoadIdentity(); gluPerspective(45.0f,(GLfloat)Width/(GLfloat Height,0.1f,100.0f); glMatrixMode(GL_MODELVIEW); glEnable(GL_CULL_FACE); glTexGeni(GL_S, GL_TEXTURE_GEN_MODE, GL_SPHERE_MAP); glTexGeni(GL_T, GL_TEXTURE_GEN_MODE, GL_SPHERE_MAP); quadratic=gluNewQuadric(); gluQuadricNormals(quadratic, GLU_SMOOTH); gluQuadricTexture(quadratic, GL_TRUE); glBlendFunc(GL_SRC_ALPHA, GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA); glEnable(GL_BLEND); }

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
Hum strange forum, the files Iinclude is :

windows.h
math.h
stdio.h
gl\gl.h
gl\glu.h
gl\glaux.h

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
seems likly some of the computers you are running, don''t have opengl hardeware accleration, or you are inadvertnly using the software opengl.
www.laeuchli.com/jesse/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
most of the computers it dosnt work on have opengl as well and some of my friends are also trying to learn opengl using these great nehe tutorials and there programs work for them but mine wount

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Anonymous Poster
It certainly sounds like you are not getting hw support. You should not have any problems with your hw but some other older cards has limitations. I suggest you check what cards they have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You also might want to check the drivers they are using on thier vid cards. Voodoo cards have real problematic drivers depending on what version they are.

You could also be pushing the hardware too much since you have a geforce 2 at home. How many polys are you rendering per frame?

"Never pet a burning dog." - Warcraft II

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well,the code is not to complex, it should work,anyways I recompiled my code in MSVC both in debug and relese mode and tested thouse projects, and my friends which it didnt work on before gets the message "Not a Win32 Application"??? and the computers in shool (which btw have Riva TNT2) gets the same phenomen as described above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Anonymous Poster
If you put up the code on the internet can we test it. A TNT2 is OK and the compilers is also good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hum, dont think that would be a good idea to post the code here , since it is above 1000 lines

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Anonymous Poster
One explenation could be that the TNT2 card has too little memory. I guess it is a good idea to run some anti virus program also...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I have a TNT2. I actually had problems running D3D demos. Turns out my system was locking because I had AGP texture accel. enabled (by default) and my theory no is that my Abit LX6 motherboard doesn''t support. Works fine with it off. Don''t know jack about ogl, but if you send me your program I can try it for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Anonymous Poster
Another thing to remember is that many extensions is for GeForce only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Advertisement