• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Mullvalen

Blending Function

This topic is 4593 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, earlier, i had some problems with my sprite rendering function but when i made it work, this new problem popped up. There is something wrong with the colors. The image i load is an TIFF image and i use the SDL_Image library to load it. Uint32 fh_renderer::a_blend( unsigned int bg, unsigned int fg) { int bg_r = (bg >> 0) & 0xff; int bg_g = (bg >> 8) & 0xff; int bg_b = (bg >> 16) & 0xff; int fg_r = (fg >> 0) & 0xff; int fg_g = (fg >> 8) & 0xff; int fg_b = (fg >> 16) & 0xff; float bg_a = ( ( bg >> 24 ) & 0xff ) / 255.0; float fg_a = ( ( fg >> 24 ) & 0xff ) / 255.0; bg_a = 1 - ( 1 - fg_a ) * ( 1 - bg_a ); bg_r = bg_r + ( fg_a * ( fg_r - bg_r ) ); bg_g = bg_g + ( fg_a * ( fg_g - bg_g ) ); bg_b = bg_b + ( fg_a * ( fg_b - bg_b ) ); int int_bg_a = bg_a * 255; return (bg_r << 0) | (bg_g << 8) | (bg_b << 16) | (int_bg_a << 24); } http://xs64.xs.to/pics/06033/Corrupt_colors.png.xs.jpg If i switched bg_r with bg_g it rendered in the right way. int bg_b = (bg >> 0) & 0xff; int bg_g = (bg >> 8) & 0xff; int bg_r = (bg >> 16) & 0xff; But that doesnt feel logical, does it? At least not to me... SDL_BlitSurface rendered it in the right way so it cant be that it loaded the image in a wrong way...

Advertisement
Hi!

I am not familiar with the TIFF-Format, but I assume that the order of the
color components is "RGBA" - if this is correct, then your shifts seem to have
an error.

int bg_r = (bg >> 0) & 0xff;
int bg_g = (bg >> 8) & 0xff;
int bg_b = (bg >> 16) & 0xff;

You get the Alpha component in bg_r and the Blue in bg_b and the Red in bg_b...

Try changing (all of the occurencies in your code) to :

alpha = (color >> 0) & 0xff;
blue = (color >> 8) & 0xff;
green = (color >> 16) & 0xff;
red = (color >> 24) & 0xff;

Does it work now?

Greetings
Stefan

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!