• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

laeuchli

normals in a landscpae2.

This topic is 6486 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Look at the gif on this link: www.laeuchli.com/jesse/needhelp.gif What do you think is wrong with my normals? Am I generating my normals wrong? Would it look much better if I averaged them? Should I shoot myself now? Please, give me some suggestions on how I can get the lighting to look halfway decent... www.laeuchli.com/jesse/

Advertisement
That looks pretty nice so far. You have two options if you want to smotoh out the terrain: Use more polygons, and use gourad shading. Using more polygons brings it''s own set of problems however, so I suggest attempting to use gourad shading, ie averaging your normals at the vertex based on the surrounding triangles. You can keep the speed up by precomputing these normals too.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!