• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

VC++ question: msvcrtd / libcmtd conflict

This topic is 4414 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm compiling my game with VC++ 2005 EE, using the "Debug multithreaded DLL" setting. However, I'm trying to link with the lua library (lualibd.lib), but I get a bunch of error messages that look like this: LIBCMTD.lib(_file.obj) : error LNK2005: ___iob_func already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR80D.dll) So... I figured out the problem is that the .lib file that came precompiled with the lua library uses the "Debug multithreaded" setting, not the "Debug multithreaded DLL" setting, so I need to basically rebuild the source using the correct setting and then everything should work fine. However, this is an open source project, and I'm a bit hesitant to require everyone to build the Lua library themselves- they should be able to just use the pre-made lualibd.lib file. So, does anyone know of a way around this? I googled a bit and found out about the "NODEFAULTLIB" setting, but when I excluded libcmtd.lib from the project, then I got these kinds of errors: lualibd.lib(ldblib.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __iob So, there doesn't seem any way around it :( If anyone knows a good way to handle this I'd appreciate any tips! Thanks, Kuro

Advertisement
When I'm using LUA in a VS-solution I add the lua-stuff as a new project and set my app to depend on tha lua-libs. This way lua will be built when you build the rest of the app without any problems, hopefully. If I'm not mistaking I used projects from this solution: http://home.comcast.net/~vertigrated/lua/vs7.zip

Alright, thanks for the help... Hmm, for now one of my teammates found some compiled .lib/.dll made by someone else which works without any problem so I'm just using that.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement