Pay for cliks good or bad?

Started by
4 comments, last by I_Smell_Tuna 18 years, 2 months ago
Hello All! I received letter from http://www.PayClick.org/. Is anybody worked with that company? Is any possible negative consequences for my website? I am just beginner. I want to hear opinion of experts.
Advertisement
If you by 'letter' mean 'mail', I would definitly not trust that company. Their website looks suspiciously temporary-like and very unproffesional.
[s]--------------------------------------------------------[/s]chromecode.com - software with source code
Quote:Original post by Aleksey
Hello All! I received letter from http://www.PayClick.org/. Is anybody worked with that company? Is any possible negative consequences for my website?
I am just beginner. I want to hear opinion of experts.

If you actually decided to use a pay-per-click advertizing system, the most reputable companies to go with are the major groups Google or DoubleClick, or even the annoying company that sticks ads on keywords in gamedev.net's pages. [grin]

You need to be aware of click-fraud that can cost small busineses a fortune but generate no actual business prospects.
Personally I think that internet ads are an eye sore on websites. I don't click on them and I hardly even look at them. I think they're a waste of web real-estate but hey if it makes you money then whatever.
Quote:Original post by I_Smell_Tuna
Personally I think that internet ads are an eye sore on websites. I don't click on them and I hardly even look at them. I think they're a waste of web real-estate but hey if it makes you money then whatever.

They are an annoyance, I fully agree. But they are a source of funding for web sites that might not otherwise exist. They are a way to find customers, although the purchase conversion rate is very low.

Like so many other things in life, web advertizing is like pond scum.

Pond scum looks bad and isn't exactly adored by most people, but the algae are absolutely essential in the way our lives are today and we are finding ways to leverage them even more.

Applying it to web advertizing: Without web ads we wouldn't have a lot of free sites that we enjoy today. Of course there are really bad versions like pop-under ads that should be destroyed like vermin. And with carefully targeted ads, you can use them for other purposes, like finding out about new commercial products.

[grin]
Agreed. I think the whole keyword advertising is a really cool idea, where text on a webpage is turned in to a link to a relevant advertisement.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement