• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
spiffy

Shader question

This topic is 4653 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am trying to implement normal mapping on my whole level which uses about 7 texture files. Do I have to render the level 7 times for each pass per texture or is there a better way to do it? Thanks

Advertisement
No need to render your level multiple times. The normal map is based on the diffuse map of the model. The normal map would be set up as a sperate texture to be used during rendering.

How are you rendering your level? Are you using all 7 textures at one time or are the 7 textures used in different parts of the level? You should be able to add normal mapping to your level without having to use more passes.

neneboricua

Quote:
Original post by spiffy
Yeah I am using all 7 textures at a time

Wow, that's a lot of textures. I'm sure there are ways to avoid using so many. But in any case, since you can use 7 textures at once, then adding an 8th shouldn't be a problem.

neneboricua

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!