• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
kokigfc

Where can i publish my J2ME games?

This topic is 4651 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm developing game for mobile phones, but i don't know exactly where can i publish. Anyone can help me? Regards, Gustavo

Advertisement
I know that having a distribution agreement with companies that provide cell-phone service is one option, but they might ask you to meet some requirements before publishing your games. Another option would be to provide a way to download your games on a server, I'm not sure how to do that but look for OTA (over the air) protocols/servers... i'm not sure what term to use here because I don't exactly know what this is. Otherwise you could sell your games, put a zip file somewhere (with all the jars and stuff) and provide the instructions needed to copy those files on the phone and hope that possible buyers have access to a cable for their phones.

Also, as an advice, test your games for all the phones on which you wish/have to distribute. And because you're using java, it doesn't mean one compiles fits all. Every phone is different and you will probably have one version for every phone.

JFF

Guest Anonymous Poster
There are some publishers right here in Brazil that can help you do that. One of then is nTime www.ntime.com.br, another one that I think is also a publisher is Madgam .... www.madgam.com.

You could also try to sell your game directly to an operator like Vivo, Oi, Tim ... but that more complicated.

Lucas

I´m just starting out in this business. I haven´t finished even the first game yet, so I can´t really tell how well the market is. I know that right now the market here is getting crowded ... and the operators won´t put your game on their list if its a simple game, or a clone of tetris, pacman etc. That time is gone. Now you have to do more interesting games that use the resources given on the latest phones.

I heard stories that some developers here are doing quite well though.

@shmoove: thanks for the links, it was very helpfull!

@Fistandantilus: Nice to know you are brazilian too. You have the same situation that i am. I'm developing the first project too.
We can keep talking about this, do you have msn? If yes, send me an email: gustavo.boni@gmail.com.

Regards,
Gustavo.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!