• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Doing 3d game.... using 3ds max?

This topic is 4476 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i wanna do a 3d game using 3ds max... but i just learn c++ and i have the knowledge of 3ds max... just wanna ask whether how to link c++ to 3ds max's object... like a car in 3ds max..

Advertisement
You will have to export the model from 3D Studio Max to some format (i.e. 3DS, X, native) and load it in your C++ program by reading the file.

Illco

well if you are new try first exporting as Ascii files (.ASE)
so you can read the vertices and faces as Ascii then whenb you become a bit used to it you can try 3DS or make your own exporter.
anyways if you are new to programming you might have to read somne tutorials about 3D engines and how to give the faces to your engine (Assuming you have a game engine).

Could you give a little more information?
Are you using an already exisiting 3D engine (like Ogre, Irrlich...) or are you trying to build your own?

If you use an existing engine they might already have a model loader to load models created in 3d max, you just have to look in the specifications and you have to export your model from 3d max in the format supported by the engine (for example: 3DS).

If you are trying to build your own engine you have to decide which API you want to use for rendering (OpenGL, Direct3D).
Then you could eighter write your own model loader according to the specifications of the model format (try a google search or look in the article section on gamedev.net) or you could again search for a library which already implements a model loader for the format.

As you seem new to C++ I would recommend you use an existing engine which includes an appropriate model loader.

Anyway more info would be nice.

benderB

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement