Textures Only Halfway Appear on Object

Started by
13 comments, last by zedzeek 18 years, 2 months ago
Quote:Original post by rapunzel
Is it possible, that you render one of the triangles with the front face to the camera and the other with the back face? actually i am not sure if this generally might be a problem, but maybe it's worth a look :-/

Maybe, but I am not sure (if that were the case) how I would know whether something is a backface or a frontface.
Regards,Braden
Advertisement
if you look at the half textured objects from the other side, is the opposite halfof it textured, or still the same? or none?
There is no such thing as "two-sided texturing". The triangle face matters only for a) culling, b) polygon mode, c) two-sided lighting, d) two-sided stencil.
Quote:Original post by Braden
Well, I am importing objects from a Lightwave Object File and mostly I am getting values of zero (which I am pretty sure I shouldn't be) and some where the uv values are out of range. Then, of course, there are the ones that are correct.

What might I look for which would cause that value to be so far out of range?

This is the post I am responding to; when you say the value is out of range, are these the raw values returned by the parser? Or do you process the data in some manner before attempting to render? If the values are bad coming from the parser, that needs to be understood first. If your parser returns correct values and they are corrupted by the time they reach the rendering code, thats where you need to debug. This doesnt sound like a rendering / OpenGL usage issue but a parser or application problem.
Quote:Texture Not Appearing Value (uv_x,uv_y vertice_x,vertice_y,vertice_z):
0.000000,0.000000 -0.209296,5.080000,-0.156972
0.000000,0.000000 -4.419600,3.594134,4.063160
0.000000,0.000000 -4.419600,3.553767,-4.377104

this triangle will appear as a single solid color (the color at the corner of the texture)

another option with the parser being wrong is perhaps the model has incorrect texturecoordinates in the first place

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement