Visual Basic 6 key strokes

Started by
4 comments, last by BloodLust666 18 years, 3 months ago
Is there a way to trap the Tab key press to do my own function without having it iterate through each of the text boxes?
-------------------------Unless specified otherwise, my questions pertain:Windows Platform (with the mindset to keep things multi-platform as possible)C++Visual Studio 2008OpenGL with SFML
Advertisement
If you turn off TabStop for each TextBox and turn on KeyPreview for the Form, then you can use the Form_KeyPress() function to check for the Tab key press.
tabstop is just a property the text boxes right?
-------------------------Unless specified otherwise, my questions pertain:Windows Platform (with the mindset to keep things multi-platform as possible)C++Visual Studio 2008OpenGL with SFML
is the keyascii number for the tab key 15?

if so.. it's not working.. i enabled key preview and dissable tabstop
basically what i have is this to test out the tab. I have 4 text boxes and one label. I select any of the text boxes and press tab, then it executes this code:

Private Sub Form_KeyPress(KeyAscii As Integer)
If KeyAscii = 9 Then
i = i + 1
Label1.Caption = Str(i)
End If
End Sub

the label should then have an incrementing number... but i just hear a beep and nothing is changing
nv/md.... it's working now....

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement