[ANN] Code::Blocks IDE uses AngelScript

Started by
10 comments, last by mandrav 18 years, 2 months ago
Seems the thread where people announce using AngelScript in their projects is dead now and it won't let me announce it. I 'll just start a new thread for this :) Code::Blocks IDE uses AngelScript for quite some time now (currently version 2.4.1a). But I didn't put it in much use mainly because I had to decide where to put hooks for it. Well, I finally decided where to use it as a first step ;). It can now be used to setup the whole build options of a project. Basic usage instructions of the feature can be found in the relevant announcement thread over at our forums. Let me say once again how impressed I am by AngelScript's ease of use. WL, keep up the great work :) Cheers, Yiannis.
Advertisement
Two of my favorite things collide.
Holy crap - CodeBlocks is at version 2 already?

Time to upgrade!

EDIT: Duh, I was wrong. You meant angelscript version 2.

[blush]
A really nice thing would be IDE support for writing angelcode scripts. In terms of syntax, there would not be much to do :-). A lot harder is probably scanning the function/class/... bindings in the cpp code, but it would be a great easing.

Would be really awesome if you could include this!
Quote:Original post by evolutional
Holy crap - CodeBlocks is at version 2 already?

Time to upgrade!

EDIT: Duh, I was wrong. You meant angelscript version 2.

[blush]

LOL, we 're not at version 2 but a lot of things have been improved since we last talked :)
I would suggest grabbing the latest nightly build. You 'll be surprised ;)

Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
A really nice thing would be IDE support for writing angelcode scripts. In terms of syntax, there would not be much to do :-). A lot harder is probably scanning the function/class/... bindings in the cpp code, but it would be a great easing.

Would be really awesome if you could include this!

Code::Blocks supports editing AngelScript scripts with syntax highlighting.
Quote:Original post by mandrav
LOL, we 're not at version 2 but a lot of things have been improved since we last talked :)
I would suggest grabbing the latest nightly build. You 'll be surprised ;)

I'm on RC2 and I love it; C::B is seriously my favoutie IDE for development on any platform. I'll try a nightly build now...

[EDIT]: Holy crap - CB gets better and better

You know what would make me love you guys even more? If you built in Gamemonkey Script syntax highlighting and autocompletion. If you did that, I'd never need to use another editor again.

Quote:Original post by evolutional

You know what would make me love you guys even more? If you built in Gamemonkey Script syntax highlighting and autocompletion. If you did that, I'd never need to use another editor again.

LOL, GameMonkey scripts highlighting is supported too. Autocompletion will have to wait for anything non-C++ ;)

Just go to "Settings->Editor->Colors->GameMonkey scripts" and click the "Filemasks" button to enter the extension(s) you 're using, e.g. "*.gm,*.monkey".
Seriously, you guys kick ass.
This is a really cool announcement. I'll add Code::Blocks to the users list immediately.

I haven't used Code::Blocks a lot, but I did install it the other day and my first impressions are really good.

The thing that is most useful for me right now is that it support multiple compilers at the same time. This should help me add support for more compilers in AngelScript. If you could add support for MSVC6 and MSVC2005 as well, it would be even better for me. :)

There was one thing that I couldn't find in Code::Blocks, that I would very much like, and that is a disassembly view of the generated code. Or perhaps I just didn't search far enough. Is this an existing feature already? Or is it planned for a future version? Perhaps a plugin is available?

Regards,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement