• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Halsafar

SDL/WindowsXP Odd Output Message in VS Debug

This topic is 4594 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I got a very basic SDL window up and running. Nothing is being displayed just a blank window. It is Tutorial #1 off of Nehe just the SDL one. I have it setup so F1 will switch to fullscreen. When I press it nothing happens but the following is logged into the output window of VS: Set chip to SiS760 CMD_GET_VM_BASE 32. WNDOBJ_SETUP escape not supported CMD_GET_VM_BASE 32. CMD_GET_ENG_IO 32Cmd Queue len = 1M Use Buffer Mode Use Buffer Mode Set chip to SiS760 CMD_GET_VM_BASE 32. WNDOBJ_SETUP escape not supported CMD_GET_VM_BASE 32. Cmd Queue len = 1M Use Buffer Mode Use Buffer Mode Any advice? Thanks, Halsafar [Edited by - Halsafar on January 21, 2006 3:20:32 PM]

Advertisement
Okay I found another tutorial aside from Nehe at:
http://docs.mandragor.org/files/Common_libs_documentation/SDL/SDL_Documentation_project_en/guidevideoopengl.html

It has a small demo project halfway down showing some SDL/GL uses. I compiled it perfectly and it runs just fine up in fullscreen with a lovely spinning cube.

Okay so I also noticed that its not fullscreen which cause's that output to print, it happens anytime I run any SDL/GL application:

Set chip to SiS760
CMD_GET_VM_BASE 32.
WNDOBJ_SETUP escape not supported
CMD_GET_VM_BASE 32.
CMD_GET_ENG_IO 32Cmd Queue len = 1M
Use Buffer Mode
Use Buffer Mode
Set chip to SiS760
CMD_GET_VM_BASE 32.
WNDOBJ_SETUP escape not supported
CMD_GET_VM_BASE 32.
Cmd Queue len = 1M
Use Buffer Mode
Use Buffer Mode

that does look really odd. It looks like some weird driver issue to me, the output is certainly not directly related to SDL nor OpenGL.

Isn't SiS some sort of Intel onboard graphics chip? Do you have a multi-monitor setup? Is there any other software running like screen capture software or WindowBlinds or something?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!