• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ktuluorion

Installed Ubuntu, but some things not working/acting wierd

This topic is 4656 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

OK so i'm posting this on my new Linux install. Unfortunately, a few things seem to be acting oddly. FOr instance, it's saying there are 44 updates available, but when I try to click to install the updates, it just does nothing. I can't open the synaptic update manager, it just does nothing. Also, the OS seems to be running a little slowly, and that is extremely odd to me as I had Mandrake a few years ago and it ran blazingly fast compared to Windows. Anyone know why I might be having these problems, and what I can do to remedy them? The install software for Ubuntu was TERRIBLE, so I don't know if I just did something wrong there, or if there is some other issue. Unfortunately, I can't get in to see if there are any packages I can edit or anything because it won't let me into the package installer.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!