• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
HOTSHOT

3D in 2D ?

This topic is 4535 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hiya all, I like to learn coding demo scene but which book tell you about 3D in 2D coding? I would be delight if anyone could help me cheers

Advertisement
I have no idea what you mean by "3D in 2D" coding, so I'm not really sure how to advise you.

you can find tutorials about rasterization of 3d coordinates on 2d screens on the internet, I think thats what you search for.
I dont think there are too many new books about this topic, but there should be some older ones about 3d mathematics.

3d coordinates on 2d screens on the internet?

thanks I will search on goggle or if u do have link for me to study them

cheers

I guess coding a demo scene could be done a couple of ways.

1. Use some tool like the one you linked to. That makes it easier since you only have to learn the tool, but doesn't provide any information on what is happening "under the hood" so to speak. I think that is not what you are looking for, so

2. You could learn the underlying components - a programming language and a graphics API. Have a look at NeHe and work through the first few tutorials to see if that's what you are looking for. He writes the web tutorials in C++ and uses OpenGL for the graphics API, but ports for many different languages are there if you are already familiar with something else.

Let us know if that does or doesn't help clear up what you're looking for. Also, have a look through the links in this thread to get a feel for things out there and available.

F451

[Edited by - Fahrenheit451 on January 22, 2006 3:08:30 PM]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!