• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

arcBall - how to rotate it __proper__

This topic is 4475 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi I am writing a program in Java to display VRML files; I am also using arcBall implementation form Nehe lesson(i spend a half a day to convert code form vc++ to Java ) and It works; But When I load models I use gluLookAt function like below to have it dispayed form given vievpoint: --cut-- gl.glMatrixMode (GL.GL_PROJECTION_MATRIX); gl.glLoadIdentity(); glu.gluLookAt( vp.position.x, vp.position.y, vp.position.z, 0,0,0, vp.orientation.x, vp.orientation.y, vp.orientation.z); //some defined position gl.glMatrixMode (GL.GL_MODELVIEW); gl.glTranslatef(arcBallPos.X,arcBallPos.Y,arcBallPos.Z); float[] M= { Transform.M00,Transform.M10,Transform.M20,Transform.M30, Transform.M01,Transform.M11,Transform.M21,Transform.M31, Transform.M02,Transform.M12,Transform.M22,Transform.M32, Transform.M03,Transform.M13,Transform.M23,Transform.M33 }; gl.glMultMatrixf(M); model.draw(); --cut-- when I use rotation(drag mouse) - it rotates me in wrog direction - sometimes; i was thinking to do that: = i have a model - i do not do anything wit it -it is static(its position); = changes only wievpoints - camera pos and dest pos; = my arcball s the thing though my model looks as if is is rotating - but: 1. the model have statioc position ==> so i have to multiply some way the viewpoint and the coords of my arcball HOW??? I need Your help! any help welcomed!!! -- wito

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement