• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
tont

problem getting SDL to compile in release mode in visual studio

This topic is 4591 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hello. im currently working on my own little game and released that when i wanted my friend to try it out that he needed all the sdl .dll files as well as some other .dll files. im thinking this is a problem with it being packaged in debug mode. i tried putting it in release mode but it didnt know where the sdl files are anymore. but its even at the point of asking for msvcp71d.dll and files like that which i know arent sdl dlls. could anyone point me in the right direction here? thank you in advance.

Advertisement
http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcp71d - download

its needed for anything compiled with the vc(version 7.1 i guess(*thinks the d stands for debug)) compiler
(what a quick googlin session tells me...)

oh i realized i could go find them online, but id like to package this without having to include those dlls rules and im thinking(or hoping) that putting it in release mode rather than debug mode will fix it. but i cant get release mode to find the libraries even though they are all setup. im just wondering what im missing to put it into release mode.

is it set for debug AND release mode?

anyway i don't think you can not use the dll since its for the compiler but you may be able to link it statically

well i got it to run in release mode but they are still needed. i guess id have to link them statically :(. oh well. thank you anyways.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!