• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[.net] Parse ASP.NET page to a System.String?

This topic is 4470 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello.. I'm kinda new to .NET, but here's what I want to do.. I want to parse an ASP.NET page, and place the result in a String, using C++/CLI.. What I don't understand is what the ApplicationHost.CreateApplicationHost() does.. Is it needed? When I try to use it, I get a System.IO.FileNotFoundException on this line:
		MyAppHost ^host = (MyAppHost^)System::Web::Hosting::ApplicationHost::CreateApplicationHost(
		MyAppHost::typeid,
		"/",
		"C:\\www");

It says it can't load my program or one of it's dependries? It's a dll.. The dll is an extension to an unmanaged application.. MyAppHost is a class defined by me, in the same .cpp file as that line.. Any ideas?

Advertisement
Your question is a bit confusing, but I'm assuming you want to generate the HTML output of an ASP.NET page. I don't know how it works myself, but Cassini implements a mini ASP.NET web server and comes with source.

After figuring out how to initialize ASP.NET and get it to generate HTML, it should be easy to convert to C++/CLI.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement