Virtual Pimp - A Real Time Pimp Simulator

Started by
55 comments, last by Sneftel 18 years, 2 months ago
This post is an desciption of the game Virtual Pimp Virtual Pimp A Real Time Pimp Simulator Overview In Virtual Pimp you control a virtual pimp in his (or her) quest to build a vast underground pimp network of whores, crack dens, corrupt city officials, and much more as you fight to expand your territory against other virtual pimps. General Gameplay You begin a game of Virtual Pimp by selecting and customizing your pimp. As the game starts your character is placed on a city street corner with set of attributes and a given amount of cash left over from your customization purchases. At first, your vision of the city map limited to your pimp’s line of sight. You pimp can walk around the city streets and interact with various computer controlled game characters you stand close to. If you click on a computer controlled game character you can view its attributes and if it is a female character you can attempt to impress her and convert her into your first whore. Once you have converted your first whore, you will gain control of the street corner she is on and your vision of the city grid expands. Your whore will interact with the male computer controlled characters that walk past her corner, and she will begin producing money for you. Money allows your pimp to purchase inventory items as well as increase your ability to impress more whores. It is important to note that in the game you can only directly control your pimp character. All other characters in the game will be controlled by the computer or a rival pimp human pimp in a multiplayer game. You can only issue general commands to game characters under your influence by standing near them, or through use of a communications device such as a cell phone or pager. Selectable Pimp Types Guido Greasy Italian French Bordello Madam Gold Plated Nigger Crack Smoking Cracker Oriental Massage Madam Crack Crack plays an important role in the game. It provides an additional method of income, and brings in more johns and potential whores into your territory. When the game begins your pimp has no crack production facilities, but you can purchase crack from certain characters you meet of the streets. You can smoke the crack, give it to your whores, sell it near schools, offer it to gang bangers, and resell it plus many more uses you can discover. The Man As you build your underground network, it is inevitable that you will become more visible to The Man. The Man will attempt keep you down by chasing off johns, arresting your whores, and potentially your pimp character as well. For this reason it is important to gain influence over The Man early on in the game. How influence is gained over The Man is something you need to discover.
Advertisement
What's to prevent the player from converting as many whores as possible right at the beginning of the game?
Quote:Original post by Sneftel
What's to prevent the player from converting as many whores as possible right at the beginning of the game?

There is a limited number of characters that traffic any particular street corner and initially it takes money to impress a female into being a whore.

As you expand your territory you will have more street corners to pimp your whores on, and crack can be used to better influence and impress whores, but you have to be careful the of creating crack whores. Crack whores become ugly very fast and can rapidly convert your other whores to crack whores.

In the event you detect that you have a crack whore, its best to move your pimp to her corner and use the choke bitch command.
I can already imagine that this game's entire advertising gimmick will consist of a "no publicity is bad publicity" policy. Seeing as how every Feminist/Women's Rights group, in addition to the ACLU and others (probably even Jesse Jackson who knows!?) will be jumping on it as final, concrete evidence that society has debased itself at long last to the lowest forms possible.

I may tend to agree with them from a metaphysical stance, perhaps even a philosophical one, but I'll still laugh my ass off. Heck, I'd even buy a game like this just for the sake of walking around "bitch slappin" people. Repressed agression, here I come!

Seriously though, if you want to make a game like this, then more power and luck to you, but if it ever catches on or gets into the media, prepare for a firestorm.

My two cents, something to chew on,

Vopisk
Seems like an okay concept. One problem is that, compared to other strategy games, there's little unit development and/or building...with the result that players have no viable strategy except simple minmaxing. An array of upgrades for whores might help with that.

Likewise, as a multiplayer game, this has the problem of there not being enough interaction with other players. Players are, to some extent, competing for the same scarce resources, but beyond that their strategies don't really intersect. You might want to consider expanding the role of gangs and gang warfare.
Quote:Original post by Vopisk
Seriously though, if you want to make a game like this, then more power and luck to you, but if it ever catches on or gets into the media, prepare for a firestorm.

Eh. There have already been plenty of vice-based games, starting with Drug Wars (ah, the memories) and continuing through GTA and similar. I can't really see this game succeeding stylistically unless it is seriously tongue-in-cheek, though, so the former is probably a better example to model the game's image after.
Quote:Original post by Vopisk
I can already imagine that this game's entire advertising gimmick will consist of a "no publicity is bad publicity" policy.

Thanks for the reply.

I am glad you noticed the controversional nature of Virtual Pimp. One of its goals to be a game with absolutely no redeeming social values. To reinforce every negative racial and sexual stereotype, and to drive the people that believe we should "protect the children" from smut apeshit.

edit ... Oh, and the game will be billed as an actually real life depiction of being a pimp with in-game tips related to how to be a successful pimp.
Quote:Original post by sysrpn
One of its goals to be a game with absolutely no redeeming social values.

Careful there. That particular goal has already been done to death. There's a graveyard somewhere filled with soi-disant "counterculture" games which nobody enjoyed because the design emphasized the counterculture over the fun.
Quote:Original post by Sneftel
Careful there. That particular goal has already been done to death. There's a graveyard somewhere filled with soi-disant "counterculture" games which nobody enjoyed because the design emphasized the counterculture over the fun.

A principle tenet of Virtual Pimp is deep gameplay. It is designed around a real time multiplyer system where you can match wits against other humans.

Strategic moves are open ended and include using crack to influence school children into gang banging the other player's whores or having a whore service the mayor as he smokes crack while the video camera is in your inventory.

Might be as controversial as Sid Meier's ill fated SIM Concentration Camp.

So pimps really go for the crack though ???
You would think that it would debilitate their 'Hos' too fast.

Dont forget to have the 'jar of lye' item to be used on 'Hos' who hold out on their pimp.... (as seen in one of the Dirty Harry movies...)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement