• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Error when acuiring keyboard, DIERR_OTHERAPPHASPRIO

This topic is 6244 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I get an error when trying to Acquire the keyboard- The return code is DIERR_OTHERAPPHASPRIO. I have set the cooperative level to BACKGROUND and NONEXCLUSIVE, I have created it correctly, I think, and I have set the dataformat. I can''t figure out what is wrong, everything seems ok. BTW im using dx8 and I''m including dinput.h and dinput8.lib. Any help would be appreciated --------------------------------------------- These are not the droids you''re looking for ---------------------------------------------

Advertisement
Í feel pretty foolish, but I came up with the solution myself. I included mmsystem.h, didn''t know that had to be included for directinput, nothing said that it had to be included. Can anyone say why it worked when I included mmsystem.h.
Thanks everybody that was thinking of replying

---------------------------------------------
These are not the droids you''re looking for

One question: why are you setting the BACKGROUND flag???

AFAIK, keyboards should be created with DISCL_FOREGROUND (your app wants the keyboard''s attention) and DISCL_NONEXCLUSIVE

just my 2 cents..

Wazoo

Because I''m a newbie , and I will change it right away. I checked what LaMothe did in WGPFD and he used de DISCL_FOREGROUND so I will start using it.

These are not the droids you''re looking for

• Advertisement