Managed Directx wont compile in Visual C# 2005

Started by
6 comments, last by INsanityDesign 18 years, 2 months ago
Im trying to compile the examples with the October DXSDK but I just cant get it to compile it doesnt load several commands and mark them as unrecognized symbols, I already added the references but it just wont work. What could be wrong? I do have .net framework and direct x9
Advertisement
Not all examples have been changed to the october release. So many of the examples are older than the sdk and there have been some changes. Some should run, some shouldn't.
Are you sure you have added the right DirectX reference? I do not know how many you have. After some installations there can be more than just one reference.
-----The next statement is not true!The previous statement is true!
Well Im fairly beginning in C# I come from using Visual C++, so Im not entirely sure, Im doign it correctly but I removed and then added the references manually (which are the managed direct x dll files at the SDK afaik) and I still got this.

Error	1	The type or namespace name 'AudioVideoPlayback' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft.DirectX' (are you missing an assembly reference?)	C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Escritorio\downloads\DigiPen3DWebcast-Session2&3\Puc The Pirate - Hour 2 and 3\Puc The Pirate - Template\Music.cs	2	25	Puc The Pirate
There are known issues with the October SDK, get the December one.
Tom Miller on the subject.

In time the project grows, the ignorance of its devs it shows, with many a convoluted function, it plunges into deep compunction, the price of failure is high, Washu's mirth is nigh.

in the future please paste your compiler errors im sure some of us could resolve it .. but i also agree with the last post ..

Newest SDK's for the win :)
Yeah, and probably in some weeks the February release will add some stuff that accidently have not made its way in to the december release ^^

If you are doing the DigiPen course at the moment, maybe you can join my forum I installed for all attendees under dev4dot.net. I hoped all attendees can meet there and help each other.
Errm... Hasn't the AudioVideoPlayback been deprecated and removed since the October 2005 release? You could try downloading the August SDK and either using that, or just add a reference to the AudioVideoPlayback DLL that comes with it.

Unfortunately I'm not aware of any replacements for the AudioVideoPlayback namespace, so I guess using the DLL from the August SDK is your best bet.

Hope this helps
Rim van Wersch [ MDXInfo ] [ XNAInfo ] [ YouTube ] - Do yourself a favor and bookmark this excellent free online D3D/shader book!
Good point... could have come up with it myself... AudioVideo was removed because it will be part of the new windows vista components if i think right!

If an old SDK is installed, you can pick the AudioVideoPlayback from that and add it to your references.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement