So it's Australia Day today

Started by
12 comments, last by Jemburula 18 years, 2 months ago
Get out and party, and celebrate 200 years of stealing bread in England. I for one went to England a few years ago, and stole some bread (from my parents). I'm so totally Australian. TripleJ Hottest 100: Do you have an inkling to what will be number one? To be honest, I'm beginning to hate the media sensation of "what it is to be Australian". And being "un-Australian", as put to us be everyone from Eddie Maguire to John Howard, seems difficult to swallow, for anyone who's taken a ride on the public transport system. Oh, and I hated it when people started saying "do we really think multiculturalism is working?", as if there was a practical other option; regardless, they should have been asking "is our implementation of multiculturalism working?". Which is definately up for discussion. In essence, although I actually will be by a pool with a barbeque and the TripleJ Hottest 100 playing, I think the true essence of Australiansim is celebrated our country with "Sweet, a day off work".
[ search: google ][ programming: msdn | boost | opengl ][ languages: nihongo ]
Advertisement
Celebrate by going home!
www.aidanwalsh(.net)(.info)
Quote:Original post by _goat
Get out and party, and celebrate 200 years of stealing bread in England. I for one went to England a few years ago, and stole some bread (from my parents). I'm so totally Australian.

TripleJ Hottest 100: Do you have an inkling to what will be number one?

To be honest, I'm beginning to hate the media sensation of "what it is to be Australian". And being "un-Australian", as put to us be everyone from Eddie Maguire to John Howard, seems difficult to swallow, for anyone who's taken a ride on the public transport system. Oh, and I hated it when people started saying "do we really think multiculturalism is working?", as if there was a practical other option; regardless, they should have been asking "is our implementation of multiculturalism working?". Which is definately up for discussion.

In essence, although I actually will be by a pool with a barbeque and the TripleJ Hottest 100 playing, I think the true essence of Australiansim is celebrated our country with "Sweet, a day off work".

Sigh! I miss being in the southern hemisphere at this time of year :(

--www.physicaluncertainty.com
--linkedin
--irc.freenode.net#gdnet

They call it "Australia Day", but it's really just a celebration in honour of my birth. They even made it a public holiday just so I don't have to work on my birthday. Seriously, can you remember an Australia Day existing before I was born? I know I can't.
I wish I was spending the day in Melbourne.

Kult House - Fresh Production Media

AUSTRALIA DAY!! *throws Fosters can at passing kangaroo*

With the hottest 100, I'm waiting to see if The Living End make it in for, what, the seventh time now?
I'm spending Australia Day hungover... is that Australian???
Quote:Original post by Miranda
I'm spending Australia Day hungover... is that Australian???

Yes. *has just arrived back from a random roadtrip to Bendigo (about a ~350km drive) with random people and has no voice remaining*

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!

- Jason Astle-Adams

Man, I need to go buy me some VB and get smashed.
Happy Birthday Australia!!!11

My experience with Australia comes from one of the greatest bands of all time, AC/DC, and I a pub I used to goto in Frankfurt (Duetchland) run by an old aussie dude, the 'down under' (hmmm, imagine that?). He used to hide an old bottle behind the bar with a faded label that read 'kangaroo piss'. It tasted like battery acid (probably bacardi 151). When you drank a shot you'd get a lapel pin that said 'I got pissed and the downunder'. I have several pins :P.
------------------<a href="http://jsgc.sourceforge.net>jsgc

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement