Sign in to follow this  

C++ and DirectX reference

This topic is 4340 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hiya guys, I'm looking for some good books that 1) Covers C++ syntax and everything else under the sun(including networking) 2) DirectX reference books which also provides some basic tutorials Here is my programming background so to speak. I'm currently doing mobile games using J2ME, so i am familiar with OO concepts, design patterns and programming etc. But it's been a long while since i've touched C++ and i've lost touch with the syntax and the language and i've touched DirectX back when DirectDraw was still present. So now i just need to get up to speed and get a few reference material to help refresh my memory. So any good titles to recommend?

For C++, try Sams Teach Yourself Visual C++ .NET in 21 Days. It's actually more about MFC than it is C++, but it does a pretty good job of explaining basic C++ concepts throughout the book. I learned DirectX from Beginning Game Programming. It covers everything on DX9 execept DirectPlay, but there are plenty of online tutorials that will fill in the gaps for you.

This topic is 4340 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.