Sign in to follow this  

Linker Error

This topic is 4342 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok i'm new to programming so bare with me. When I try to compile a sample directX program that came with the 2003 summer update I get this error... Error: 'C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\OWNER\DESKTOP\DX\LIB\D3D9.LIB' contains invalid OMF record, type 0x21 (possibly COFF) If anyone can tell me what to do fix it or even tell me what that means, I would appreciate it.

The OP isn't using Visual C++ as all error codes are accompanied with an error code which can be looked up. My guess is possibly a GCC based compiler which doesn't use the .lib files for linking but instead uses .a files.

If GCC is the compiler being used then try downloading the latest MinGW package that should include the DirectX import libraries you can use - libd3d9.a etc but you'll need to provide some more details on what tools you are using before you can get a definitive answer to your problem.

This topic is 4342 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.