Sign in to follow this  

Process getting Input

This topic is 4342 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Just out of curiosity is there any way that a program could get input from a computer without a window? if so how? I really dont think i need to include this part but so i dont get asked: C++ Windows thanks [smile]

Of course. Though, the real question is "Why?" Most programs that need to get input without having an open Window are spyware, which latch on to a system hook that simply logs all keyboard input. Of course, you could go even further and rewrite the Windows keyboard driver to accept input and redirect it to your program.

But really, I'm not going to be any more specific than that without a mention of intent.

It's not malicious coding for sure. The reason that CiroKnight did not go into further detail is because you didn't define your reasons for wanting to access input information from the computer without having a window open. If you have a need to do something like this, and you're not trying to manipulate the community into helping you make a virus/spyware/malware/ad naseum... then give us a little more information and perhaps we can help, until then, guilty until considered innocent I suppose. :)

My two cents, something to chew on,

Vopisk

This topic is 4342 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.