A Dream

Started by
3 comments, last by ozzoright 18 years, 2 months ago
Hello, I have a dream one day that I'll make a Castlevania-like RPG. It will have enviornments and characters similar looking to Castlevania but I will also incorporate a weapons and magic system. There will be races to choose from each with different stats/abilities. There will also be multiplayer, so you can play with a friend over a network or the internet. I know some C++ and a little of SDL but never actually progammed in SDL. My question is, how would I make such a game? Where should I start? What does it take to make a game like this and what tools do I need? Thanks in return. :)
Advertisement
You'll need development tools, at least a compiler, also you'll probably want to use DirectX, OpenGL, or something like SDL. You'll also need to find an artist once you get underway to make it look nice, unless you're good at art. You'll also need a plan (very important).
屋根を固定するために何パンケーキそれは取るか。紫色、ヘビに足がないばい。
JRavey is right, but before you get to that stage you want to have designed it down to the very last detail.
Programming a game like you said will take, even if you had some experience, a long time.

For starting purposes learn from some SDL Tutorials and learn the Programming Language. You don't just need to have some little knowledge, but real experience. Try to program simple applications. Create a base of knowledge:
Programm a menu in C++/SDL, a simple pong clone and some little programms that uses other techniques you want to implement. It is far better to learn every technique in a simple application and then combine them than to try to implement them before you really understand them. By understanding I mean you have compiled a application that runs without error.

Good Luck, Dark Logan
Thanks guys, that's what I was asking for!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement