• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

InitiateSystemShutdown

This topic is 4412 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'm making a windows service. When a specific TCP dgram arrives, the service should shutdown the PC. It's a TCP server wich waiting for a connection. Two problems : 1/ When the PC has just started (nobody has logged), the service seems to be inactive ! I can not connect to him (connection refused). 2/ After loging AND logout, the service has started (I can connect) but I still cannot call InitiateSystemShutdown function... ! It returns systematicaly : "The device is not ready" !!!!! can anyone help me ? thanks :)

Advertisement
Well, fo #1 all I can say with the information you've given is make sure it's a system service installed by the administrator. For #2, I think it's really a problem with your method. How about some source code?

Services aren't started on windows until someone logs in i don't think. You would probably have to setup your own custom type of service or have the computer auto-logon.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement