Sign in to follow this  

Compiler or IDE Version

This topic is 4331 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I am trying to make a code that can compile in Visual Studio .NET 2003 and in Visual C++ 2005 using the new "more secure" functions To be more clear: Use strcpy(this->m_pFileToParse, fileToParse); in VIsual Studio .NET 2003 and strcpy_s(this->m_pFileToParse, 1 + iStringSize, fileToParse); in Visual C++ 2005. Is there any VARIABLE that can make this code possible, something like #ifdef VS_2003 strcpy(this->m_pFileToParse, fileToParse); #else strcpy_s(this->m_pFileToParse, 1 + iStringSize, fileToParse); ???? Thanks in advance, sorry for the english

Use the _MSC_VER macro, the MSDN says

"Defines the major and minor versions of the compiler. For example, 1300 for Microsoft Visual C++ .NET. 1300 represents version 13 and no point release. This represents the fact that there have been a total of 13 releases of the compiler.
If you type cl /? at the command line, you will see the full version for the compiler you are using."

So I'd assume 1400 is for 2005.

Exactly what I wanted!

Thanks...

C:\Arquivos de programas\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC>cl /?
Microsoft (R) 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 14.00.50727.42 for 80x86
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

In Visual Studio 2005 it has _MSC_VER_GREATER_THEN_13102050 really usefull!

This topic is 4331 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.