Sign in to follow this  

Getting Directshow 9 and Dev-C++ to work

This topic is 4336 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am helping an artist friend with a project whcih he has to put into a game engine. Unfortunately they have been shown to use Bloodshed DevC++ and I am used to using .Net. I was trying to get video playback going (he wants some triggered videos) but Directshow just seems to cause nothing but problems. I have seen the article here on gamedev about getting dx8.1 to work with Dev-C++ and read the part on directshow, unfortunately the line numbers the article says to comment out don't seem to relate to the correct lines, I assume directshow was changed in the update to 9 (which is what is being used). I'm away from the computer with the work on at the moment so I can't post any errors and so on but I will as soon as i can, I think it says something about GUID redeclaration. Does anyone know how to get DevC++ working with DirectShow9? Or can point me in the right direction? Any help would be really appreciated as we're a bit stuck without it! Thanks BA

Yeah sorry for not posting the errors originally but all the work was in university.

in vid.h
#include <dshow.h>

in 3impactDLL.cpp
#include "vid.h"
#pragma comment(lib, "STRMIIDS.LIB")

Compiler: Default compiler
Building Makefile: "C:\Program Files\3impact4\3ImpactDLL\LeeBallGame\Makefile.win"
Executing make...
make.exe -f "C:\Program Files\3impact4\3ImpactDLL\LeeBallGame\Makefile.win" all
g++.exe -c 3impactDLL.cpp -o ./3impactDLL.o -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/include" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/backward"
-I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/mingw32" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include" -I"C:/DXSDK/Include" -w

In file included from C:/DXSDK/Include/dshow.h:46,
from vid.h:6,
from 3impactDLL.cpp:20:
C:/DXSDK/Include/strmif.h:20565: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before '(' token
C:/DXSDK/Include/strmif.h:20565: error: expected `,' or `;' before '(' token

C:/DXSDK/Include/strmif.h:28961: error: declaration of `GUID tagVMRGUID::GUID'

C:/Dev-Cpp/include/winnt.h:1351: error: changes meaning of `GUID' from `typedef struct _GUID GUID'

In file included from 3impactDLL.cpp:20:
vid.h: In function `long int PlayVideo(HWND__*, BOOL, char*)':
vid.h:87: error: `assert' undeclared (first use this function)
vid.h:87: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)

make.exe: *** [3impactDLL.o] Error 1

Execution terminated

thanks for the link programwizard I knew that DevC++ used different library files but beyond that I'm pretty clueless, not sure this would solve the problem in this case though, unless the reimp utility actually edits the file contents? I did however notice after some rooting around on the PC here at uni that the DevC++ lib folder does not contain a libdshow.a file so I will probably give this a try, unfortunately I can't get to the command prompt at uni so it will have to wait until I can do it at home and bring it in!!

As for using Visual C++, thats what I would do but they have been taught using bloodshed so... I might try and set it up with .net but now I am curious.

PS it is bloodshed v4.9.9.2

This topic is 4336 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.