Music for my game...

Started by
7 comments, last by camshiva 18 years, 2 months ago
Does anyone have any music tracks (mp3 or wav) that i can use for free -- legally -- in my game without any licence fees or the like? Of course, proper credit will be given to whoever has created this music in the game credits, as well as whoever provided the music. The game itself is a space-shooter, in OpenGL 3d, with OpenAL audio and is available for download (a developmental version) at: www.geocities.com/medevilenemy/pp.html
There was a saying we had in college: Those who walk into the engineering building are never quite the same when they walk out.
Advertisement
Though I don't know for a fact, I really doubt that there is any freely available music that's any good. I would suggest that you try composing some on your own. A space shooter would accept electronic-style music, so a freeware MIDI sequencer might be all you need.

--

Linux for Servers
Macintosh for Graphics
Palm for Mobility
Windows for Solitaire
Well, there's certainly some free, good music if you credit the creator properly.

That being said, *I* don't have any, but might be able to direct you to some.

What sort of music do you want in the game?

On a side note, my computer would only require three seconds of sound for the entire game, because it runs so ridiculously fast that you could not possible survive for more than three seconds. As well, it crashes after I die. That being said, it has potential [grin].
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
Also, does your game have music in it right now? ...Music that distorts at times, too.

And, if so, is it the music that is currently playing on my system long after the game was forcibly ended?

Yes, yes it is. I don't even know which process to kill to shut it up, either.
Also, the game crashes no matter when or how I attempt to leave it.
sorry about that... 1) i havent posted the speed-optimized verison of the program yet...

2) I have heard of one other machine which has trouble running the game. I can't explain what the problem is, but so far almost all users have not had any problem with it. Perhaps your system has some problem with OpenAL... i really dont know... again, sorry.

As for music style, i really dont know... as i like to say, i'm a programmer not a musician and i have no bloody clue. lol

I'll try to upload the speed-optimized version of the game soon... it will be accessable through the same address.
There was a saying we had in college: Those who walk into the engineering building are never quite the same when they walk out.
Many apologies for my misinformation - I just now noticed the SFX & Music Resources sticky thread.

--
Linux for Servers
Macintosh for Graphics
Palm for Mobility
Windows for Solitaire
Quote:2) I have heard of one other machine which has trouble running the game. I can't explain what the problem is, but so far almost all users have not had any problem with it. Perhaps your system has some problem with OpenAL... i really dont know... again, sorry.
Well, nothing a couple of reboots couldn't fix [grin]. If you want to ask any questions about my system, feel free to PM me about it.

Quote:As for music style, i really dont know... as i like to say, i'm a programmer not a musician and i have no bloody clue. lol
lol, alright. Well, do take a look at Kaz's thread (the SFX/Music Resources one) for some fun samples. You can always take a gander at the Help Wanted forum and ask around there, too (but make sure you follow the format...). If you do, you might want to list some other games with music you think would be appropriate - for example, "Soak Up the Sun" would probably not fit your game, but a whole host of electronic music would be fine. Anyways, if there are other similarly designed games with good music, link those in as examples.
thanks for the suggestions...
I might be willing to help out... depends on how much youre looking for. I've been a musician for almost 20 years and specialize in computer based music. I have a full midi outfit and like to help out on game projects when I can.

What kind of music specifically are you looking for? Techno orchestral, ominous classical, ambiant soundscapes? There are a lot of different moods even in sci-fi.

respond to my email: camshiva@yahoo.com as i dont jump on gamedev everyday.

Thanks! :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement