triple buffering in opengl

Started by
12 comments, last by frob 18 years, 2 months ago
Triple Buffering is an option on the geforce control panel. Only place I've seen it mentioned when it relates to OpenGL.
Advertisement
im sure i noticed triple buffering in the ATI catalyst control center too(opengl part)

@berith
Yahnn L is 100% correct about the glAreTexturesResident(), try for yourself and see the bogus data that is returned, it has been this way for quite some time now
Quote:Original post by subi
@berith
Yahnn L is 100% correct about the glAreTexturesResident(), try for yourself and see the bogus data that is returned, it has been this way for quite some time now

Are there more gl functions that have become redundant?

Quote:Original post by Vampyre_Dark
Are there more gl functions that have become redundant?

I wouldn't call it redundant. You can still use it. It's just that the driver venders have chosen to not define a working set since they automagically optimize it.
Here's the relavent part of the spec
Quote:OpenGL 2.0 spec
An implementation may choose to establish a working set of texture objects on which binding operations are performed with higher performance. A texture object that is currently part of the working set is said to be resident. The command boolean AreTexturesResident ... returns TRUE if all of the n texture objects named in textures are resident, or if the implementation does not distinguish a working set.

Very old drivers for old cards could still publish the working set information. The new cards just optimize it away.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement