Sign in to follow this  

Recommendation on DirectX 9 Into book

This topic is 4339 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

try the Thomson course publisher..
the game programming .. for beginner
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1592003834/qid=1138324074/sr=8-4/ref=pd_bbs_4/002-8019417-8721637?n=507846&s=books&v=glance

I have come by the other books called : Game COding complete..
I wonder how is this book.. i hear it is good ..suitable for advanced..

If you already know some Win 32 basics (up to getting a window running), then I recomend "Beggining Game programing" By Jonathan S. Harbour. Goes from basic setting up, to 2d in 3d, to sound/input to 3d.

Covers everthing from Init to index buffers and beyond ;)

Just remember theres another book with the same title, so check the authors.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Quote:
Original post by Mistro
If you already know some Win 32 basics (up to getting a window running), then I recomend "Beggining Game programing" By Jonathan S. Harbour. Goes from basic setting up, to 2d in 3d, to sound/input to 3d.

Covers everthing from Init to index buffers and beyond ;)

Just remember theres another book with the same title, so check the authors.

I've got that, but didn't think that it covered DirectX 9 specific, or at least beyound the basics to get his code up and runnig. I thought that there might be a book more on DX9 and the various functions.

Thanks for the response and information.

There is a book section here in the resources section. You can look through the Direct X books and read their descriptions, and the users reviews. It may help you narrow down the selection.

I believe there is one that teaches a 3d shooter with networked play, and another one that does the same with 3d rpgs. I read about them looking for another book, they seemed to cover all the basics and then show you how to put it to use. (But don't take my word for it, it was just at a glance)

This topic is 4339 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.