[web] Which design is better?

Started by
14 comments, last by IronGryphon 18 years, 2 months ago
Design1 Design2 This is the new one, and it could probably do with a Graphical logo, but disregarding that... I can't decide... it's kind of the light on dark vs dark on light argument... but over all, which is more pleasing to the eye?
BRING BACK THE BLACK (or at least something darker)
Advertisement
Design 2, but the "Hopkins Multimedia" text needs a color face lift.
Design 1
Well, I must say that they are both rather nice.

There's something just a little off about 2 that makes it look a little unprofessional. I think it's the light blue font (and the yellow subfont?), but it's tough to tell. The lines are a little weird, but that might be okay.

1 is certainly the way to go if you make emo-related audio/video projects! (kidding, but it could be!). The colors are nice, and the black shape/shadows in the bottom right add a lot.

Right now, I'd certainly say Design 1.

BTW, good job on both!
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
I like design two. It looks a lot clearer and easier on the eyes, though I agree about the light blue color. Something else would be better. Small bug: In firefox 1.5 the text in design two extends beyond the bottom of the striped grey section.

<hr />
Sander Marechal<small>[Lone Wolves][Hearts for GNOME][E-mail][Forum FAQ]</small>

It's tough, they're both gorgeous as far as web design goes, but I'm really fond of #1 because it looks so much more integrated and gets away from the boxyness that typically comes with web content. The images are well placed and break up the otherwise plain look, and I think the colors are better.

Keep up the awesome work.
Quote:Original post by Sander
I like design two. It looks a lot clearer and easier on the eyes, though I agree about the light blue color. Something else would be better. Small bug: In firefox 1.5 the text in design two extends beyond the bottom of the striped grey section.
Hmm, it doesn't do that for me (FF 1.5):

gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
Design 1. I like the color scheme - everything just seems to 'click'. The graphical header is also very nice.

What are the fade out and in links for, btw?

[Edit]
Quote:From the Products page:
Currently only MIDI Keyboard has any information.

Clicking the Midi Keyboard box or anywhere inside it doesn't do anything for me with firefox 1.0.7, although the box is highlighted when the mouse rolls into it. It works in IE 6 though - nice content!

Actually... none of the boxed navigation buttons are working in my FF browser, but they're all working in IE.

...I still like Design 1 more! [smile]
Design 1 for certain, I love tones of brown, cream etc though - so it would be what I'd choose. Design 2 just feels too bright for me
Ollie"It is better to ask some of the questions than to know all the answers." ~ James Thurber[ mdxinfo | An iridescent tentacle | Game design patterns ]
Quote:Original post by ajones
What are the fade out and in links for, btw?

Clicking the Midi Keyboard box or anywhere inside it doesn't do anything for me with firefox 1.0.7, although the box is highlighted when the mouse rolls into it. It works in IE 6 though - nice content!

Actually... none of the boxed navigation buttons are working in my FF browser, but they're all working in IE.

...I still like Design 1 more! [smile]

The fade in and fade out are just some &#106avascript functions I've been making, no real use for the site, just pretty cool.

The boxed navigation uses &#106avascript to take the content of hidden DIVs and place them into the main content DIV. If &#106avascript is disabled it won't work. Its working &#111;n my FF browser (1.5) so I'm guessing that is what is wrong.<br><br>@everyone: I want to thank you for your input. Looks like most people like Design1 the best, and design2 a little less. Design two might be better if I fix the colors in the logo section. Thanks everyone for the input!
BRING BACK THE BLACK (or at least something darker)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement