Sign in to follow this  

fltk anyone?

This topic is 4342 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have been tasked to create an application. Pretty much everything I have figured out with one exception: the UI. I love C# and wish I could just do the whole project in Windows Forms and be done with it. The problem is, the computers the application will run on do not have access to any of the .NET framework. My options as I see it: 1). Use the .NET resource concept. I don't think this requires the framework? (This can be quite a headache, though). 2). Rely on a 3rd party widget library. This frees me completely from the Microsoft dependencies. I haven't done much UI development outside of .NET. The only library I have experience with is CEGUI - I am not sure how polished I can really consider it. I have also heard a lot of good things about FLTK. I have used some apps that are built on it and it seems very dependable. Have any of you used FLTK and can comment on it's ease of use/capabilities/support? My application has many similarites to a basic IDE (text input, etc). Or could you recommend another good library? Or another possibility all together? Thanks much ;)

I've just started using wxWidgets, and I would recommend it. It uses native widgets (I hate applications that force their own ugly UI on you), but you may not like the extra megabyte it adds to your exe. There's also wx.NET which may help you out using C#, but I know nothing about .NET or C# :)

FLTK is great. Nice and simple, and fairly full featured. I found it much quicker to pick up and use than wxWidgets, which I'm still a bit lost in.

If the features FLTK offers are enough for you, then I'd recommend it as a nice lib to work with.

This topic is 4342 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.