Sign in to follow this  

[web] .net and Linux

This topic is 4337 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi guys i wanna know if it is possible to install visual studio.net on linux platform and if it is not i think that i should use PHP to make websites so do u know and good tutorials to start with ??? thanks in advance [Edited by - jad_salloum on January 28, 2006 1:10:53 AM]

You cannot install Visual Studio .NET itself on Linux (though it is possible to make applications that target the .NET framework for Linux). I'm not sure if you can run ASP pages (I'm guessing that's why you wanted VS.NET) on any Linux web server, but then again I've never tried to. For a good starting PHP tutorial, check out php.net. The first section of the PHP manual is a tutorial aimed at beginners.

Quote:
hi guys i wanna know if it is possible to install visual studio.net on linux platform and if it is not i think that i should use PHP to make websites so do u know and good tutorials to start with ???

I wouldn't use VS.NET to make web sites (although I don't know if it has improved since 2003). You can certainly use ASP.NET on Linux, via Mono. Ruby on Rails is another (very nice) option.

This topic is 4337 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.