[.net] Announcement: Game Engine Toolset Development

Started by
36 comments, last by gwihlidal 18 years, 1 month ago
Hi everyone! Just wanted to unofficially announce my new book that is just about in publication. Game Engine Toolset Development will hit printers around February 14th, and should be in circulation around March 14th, just in time for GDC 2006! (By the way, I’ll be there if anyone wants to meet up). Instead of posting a whole bunch of info on the book, I’ll just give you a link to this site: http://www.getdbook.com The book is about building reusable and robust game engine tools using C# .NET 2.0. In case you see any posts on Amazon or other book sites, the current information on there is extremely old, so please visit the site I linked to above to get the correct information on the book. Thanks, and please let me know what you think! ~Graham
Advertisement
Just want to chime in and say that I've been following gwihlidal's work on this book, and I can absolutely guarantee that it will be a fantastic book. If you're developing in .NET, and especially if you're doing graphics work, buy it. I know I will.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Sounds interesting

...consider it bookmarked [smile]
Richard 'ViLiO' Thomasv.net | Twitter | YouTube
The TOC is impressive. It looks to me like you cover all the stuff that nobody else has thought of (or wants to), especially for a book centered around engine tools.

I found the section on Legacy Interop to be particularly interesting. As an engine designer who uses the actual engine in the editor, that is quite a valuable and rare resource.

So uh.. it's a pre-order for me [grin]
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )
I for one can't wait to get my hands on this. I'm a Tools Programmer and want to expand out to C# away from MFC. Can't wait for gwihlidal's book ;)
Raven Software :: Tools Programmer
[Ravensoft] [My Site] [Full Sail]
If this book is half as good as it sounds, it'll be a must have for any budding game programmer. Can't wait for this to drop :-)
Steven ToveySPUify | Twitter
Looks cool, I think I'll pick it up. :) I know a few people who will want to check it out as well.
congrats on finishing the book and well done. It seems like an awesome book.
I cannot wait to get my hands on it ;)
Early on I had the opportunity to help Graham flesh out the contents of this book. He has written what I believe will become the quintessential resource on .NET tools for the game industry.

If game developers learn to follow the advice given throughout the book, we'll begin seeing more stable and more fun games and editors. Long gone are the days when your interns write your tools. Great work Graham! Congratulations and good luck with everything.

PS: Feel free to ship my signed copy to my home or office address. [WINK]
Awesome,
good work Graham! =)

Raymond Jacobs, Owner - Ethereal Darkness Interactive
www.EDIGames.com - EDIGamesCompany - @EDIGames

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement