[.net] Announcement: Game Engine Toolset Development

Started by
36 comments, last by gwihlidal 18 years, 1 month ago
Amazon link for preordering.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Advertisement
I think you can preorder it off Amazon right now (though the Amazon info is very old, so trust the info on http://www.getdbook.com :)

I will ask my publisher how it can be preordered. Thanks for the interest!

EDIT: Promit beat me to it :)

~Graham

[Edited by - gwihlidal on February 4, 2006 8:44:45 AM]
Btw, Amazon is currently in the process of posting new info and when they do I'll let everyone know.

~Graham
Having been there through the writing process, and having reviewed some of the material... I'm certainly looking forward to obtaining my copy.

In time the project grows, the ignorance of its devs it shows, with many a convoluted function, it plunges into deep compunction, the price of failure is high, Washu's mirth is nigh.

Actually, it sounds interesting for any .NET developer, not just game developers.

This book does really seem to include very useful information for any .NET developer. There are some very interesting topics. I think thats going to be my next read once it is out.
I wrote the book in the context of tools development for game development studios, but tools development is the same thing as developing software for business applications. The only differences are your stakeholders (the users and the people that benefit from a tool), and the business functions and rules that define how the application runs. The development ideas are software development in general, so the concepts can apply to normal development quite easily :)

Thanks for the support guys!

~Graham
Quote:"Men have become the tools of their tools" - John Tudor

Sounds comforting [wink] Anyway, it sounds like a very nice book to have with topics on all sorts of stuff I've been wanting to figure out, like the shell extensions, ClickOnce deployment and data integrity with checksums. Now, if only I hadn't blown my book budget for the coming months on GPU Gems 1&2, I'd definately preorder it...

Just in case anyone is wondering, it looks like it'll be available on bol.com too, search with ISBN number 1592009638.
Rim van Wersch [ MDXInfo ] [ XNAInfo ] [ YouTube ] - Do yourself a favor and bookmark this excellent free online D3D/shader book!
Thanks for the support :) Yes, there are a number of online sites that will support ordering. Two notable sites are Amazon.com (which should have the new info in a couple days), and the CoursePTR website (new info soon as well).

Thanks!

~Graham
Just wanted to stop by and say I'm very intressted in the book too. Congrats on getting it published!

/MindWipe
"To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement