C# MDX Texture Splat Problem

Started by
0 comments, last by cyric74 18 years, 2 months ago
I've just started to mess around with Fixed Function texture blending in C#, but am having some difficulty. There do not seem to be any resources on this with C# code, so I've been converting it from the c++ examples, and am thinking that perhaps something didn't transfer correctly? I was going by the demo from the GameDev texture splatting tutorial located at www.gamedev.net/reference/articles/article2238.asp It is supposed to look like: but instead is turning out to be: The correct texture colors are there, and the alpha blending is there, but no texture details appear. Is this a filtering issue, or have I done something wrong in my code?

private void OnResetDevice( Device device )
{
	// Set projection
	m_camera.AspectRatio = (float)BackBufferWidth / (float)BackBufferHeight;
	device.Transform.Projection = m_camera.Projection;
	// Set render states
	device.RenderState.Lighting = false;
	device.RenderState.FillMode = m_framework.FillMode;
	device.SetRenderState( RenderStates.ZEnable, true );

// Allow multiple passes to blend together correctly
	device.SetRenderState( RenderStates.AlphaBlendEnable, true );
	device.SetRenderState( RenderStates.SourceBlend, (int)Blend.SourceAlpha );
	device.SetRenderState( RenderStates.DestinationBlend, (int)Blend.InvSourceAlpha );

device.SetSamplerState(0, D3D.SamplerStageStates.MinFilter, (int)D3D.TextureFilter.Linear );
	device.SetSamplerState(0, D3D.SamplerStageStates.MagFilter, (int)D3D.TextureFilter.Linear );
	device.SetSamplerState(0, D3D.SamplerStageStates.MipFilter, (int)D3D.TextureFilter.Linear);

// Prevent some ugliness with the alphamaps			
	device.SetSamplerState(0, D3D.SamplerStageStates.AddressU, (int)D3D.TextureAddress.Clamp );
	device.SetSamplerState(0, D3D.SamplerStageStates.AddressV, (int)D3D.TextureAddress.Clamp );

device.SetSamplerState(1, D3D.SamplerStageStates.MinFilter, (int)D3D.TextureFilter.Linear);
	device.SetSamplerState(1, D3D.SamplerStageStates.MagFilter, (int)D3D.TextureFilter.Linear);
	device.SetSamplerState(1, D3D.SamplerStageStates.MipFilter, (int)D3D.TextureFilter.Linear);

device.SetSamplerState(2, D3D.SamplerStageStates.MinFilter, (int)D3D.TextureFilter.Linear);
	device.SetSamplerState(2, D3D.SamplerStageStates.MagFilter, (int)D3D.TextureFilter.Linear);
	device.SetSamplerState(2, D3D.SamplerStageStates.MipFilter, (int)D3D.TextureFilter.Linear);

device.SetSamplerState(3, D3D.SamplerStageStates.MinFilter, (int)D3D.TextureFilter.Linear);
	device.SetSamplerState(3, D3D.SamplerStageStates.MagFilter, (int)D3D.TextureFilter.Linear);
	device.SetSamplerState(3, D3D.SamplerStageStates.MipFilter, (int)D3D.TextureFilter.Linear);

device.SetSamplerState(4, D3D.SamplerStageStates.MinFilter, (int)D3D.TextureFilter.Linear);
	device.SetSamplerState(4, D3D.SamplerStageStates.MagFilter, (int)D3D.TextureFilter.Linear);
	device.SetSamplerState(4, D3D.SamplerStageStates.MipFilter, (int)D3D.TextureFilter.Linear);
}

and the render calls

private void Render( Device device ) 
{
	// Alphamap: take the alpha from the alphamap
	device.SetTextureStageState(0, D3D.TextureStageStates.AlphaOperation, (int)D3D.TextureOperation.SelectArg1 );
	device.SetTextureStageState(0, D3D.TextureStageStates.AlphaArgument1, (int)D3D.TextureArgument.TextureColor);
	// Texture: take the color from the texture, take the alpha from the previous stage
	device.SetTextureStageState(1, D3D.TextureStageStates.ColorOperation, (int)D3D.TextureOperation.SelectArg1 );
	device.SetTextureStageState(1, D3D.TextureStageStates.ColorArgument1, (int)D3D.TextureArgument.TextureColor );
	device.SetTextureStageState(1, D3D.TextureStageStates.AlphaOperation, (int)D3D.TextureOperation.SelectArg1 );
	device.SetTextureStageState(1, D3D.TextureStageStates.AlphaArgument1, (int)D3D.TextureArgument.Current );

device.SetTexture(0, alp1);
	device.SetTexture(1, tex1);
	//...draw primitives

device.SetTexture(0, alp2);
	device.SetTexture(1, tex2);
	//...draw primitives

device.SetTexture(0, alp3);
	device.SetTexture(1, tex3);
	//...draw primitives

device.SetTexture(0, alp4);
	device.SetTexture(1, tex4);
	//...draw primitives
}

Thanks for your help
Advertisement
I'm still having this trouble, and think the problem is with the texture stages in the Render function.

device.SetTextureStageState(0, D3D.TextureStageStates.AlphaOperation, (int)D3D.TextureOperation.SelectArg1 );
device.SetTextureStageState(0, D3D.TextureStageStates.AlphaArgument1, (int)D3D.TextureArgument.TextureColor);

device.SetTextureStageState(1, D3D.TextureStageStates.ColorOperation, (int)D3D.TextureOperation.SelectArg1 );
device.SetTextureStageState(1, D3D.TextureStageStates.ColorArgument1, (int)D3D.TextureArgument.TextureColor );
device.SetTextureStageState(1, D3D.TextureStageStates.AlphaOperation, (int)D3D.TextureOperation.SelectArg1 );
device.SetTextureStageState(1, D3D.TextureStageStates.AlphaArgument1, (int)D3D.TextureArgument.Current );

Is this the proper way to render part of Stage 1 texture based on Stage 0's alpha? Could anyone give me a hint in the right direction?

Thanks

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement