Gef68XX/78XX - 16x FSAA in opengl but not in dx ?

Started by
2 comments, last by DrGUI 18 years, 2 months ago
Why is it that I can enable 16x FSAA in multiple opengl applications while I cant create a DX device using more than 4x ?? I would like to enable 16x FSAA on geforce 68xx/78xx cards using dx, is this possible? (if not, why is it possible using opengl ??)
huraay!
Advertisement
Direct3D will expose whatever the driver says it can. If the driver says you're limited to 4x then D3D will say the same. You could try upgrading your drivers to see if they activate/register it.

I don't know much about the AA capabilities of that hardware, but you might want to dig around the Nvidia website - sometimes any advanced features that don't directly match with what the API is expecting are hidden as other values. By that I mean the reported 4x might have additional quality levels that functionally resolve to the 16x variant.

hth
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

You could try the Caps Database. It has those cards IIRC. If not, you should profile yours (with their app) and submit it [smile]
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )
To add to jollyjeffers, in the present params there is the multisample quality in addition to multisample type.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement